Monday, July 21, 2008

First YouTube Video

I was thinking of something to do the other day and while taking some pictures decided to do a quick YouTube video. I took my wife's Honda Aero80 for a ride down the street and did a quick one minute video of it. I converted the video using Pinnacle Studios 12 Ultimate with flash video as the file format.
I learned a couple things using this format and quality size.
1. The look and sound of the video are pretty choppy but acceptable.
2. I found out the limits of YouTube video so I could have done a much higher quality upload. I read you can have up to 1gb files and 10 minutes. If I had knowing this I would of created a much higher quality video instead of the 12 meg converted video. I have a minidv camcorder, Canon PowerShot S3, and also a Sony 12.1 megapixel camera. These each take very good video and when not compressed they look amazing!
3. Next time I will make sure to upload higher quality video and make it more interesting then just driving down the street!

1 comment:

irene said...

You are really publishing in the blogosphere - videos and all - nice work and very interesting stuff - it is nice getting to know you a little - even for an online course!